As part of the series Rebuilding the Global Economy, the Peterson Institute for International Economics (PIIE) held a virtual event on December 21, 2020, to discuss memos from the following speakers, recommending policy priorities and solutions heading into 2021:
- Jacob Funk Kirkegaard to the European Commissioner for Competition
- Robert Z. Lawrence to the European Commissioner for Trade
- Nicolas Véron to the European Commissioner for Financial Stability, Financial Services and the Capital Markets Union
- Reinhilde Veugelers to the European Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth
- Commentary from Jean Pisani-Ferry
About This Series
Rebuilding the Global Economy, launched by the Peterson Institute for International Economics (PIIE) in October 2020, is a series that lays out for policymakers heading into 2021 what needs to be repaired by defining critical and practical priorities, and offering credible solutions. These PIIE-led proposals take the form of memoranda to policymakers and policy briefs, accompanied by data visualizations, blogs, videos, and virtual events with experts. The virtual discussions outline a multi-faceted set of policy responses to achieve sustainable, inclusive economic growth and improve human welfare.